Diploma of Beauty Therapy Brisbane
The Diploma of beauty therapy at our Brisbane academy is the highest accredited qualification in the industry and will provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience to be a great beauty therapist and a future leader in our industry.
It offers advanced study in all aspects of beauty therapy. The course includes beauty treatments for the face and body, nails, make up, merchandising and business skills. The Diploma is designed for students who want to work as a beauty therapist or who want to manage their own beauty salon with employed staff.
Diploma of Beauty Therapy students will have a range of future employment prospects. You may choose to work as beauty therapists, spa therapists or salon manager. You will be able to work in medical clinics, cosmetic surgeries and assist dermatologists. Specialising in the corporate marketing, buying or selling of retail products is also a possible career path.
You will be eligible to receive the Diploma of Beauty Therapy on successful completion of all required competencies.
If partial completion is achieved by a student, a Statement of Attainment (achievement) is issued.
The Diploma of Beauty Therapy has a total of 33 Units. This includes 22 core units and 11 elective units. We have put together an exciting selection of electives to compliment your core units.
What Can You Expect From Us?
- Confidence in learning with Industry Professionals
- Our experience and beauty industry knowledge guarantees your learning success
- This experience will then allow you to achieve all of your goals in this wonderful, exciting industry and make your aspirations a reality.
- You will achieve your goals in the minimum amount of time with the maximum efficiency and quality.
- We continually strive for excellence in our training and in our support for businesses, and in this way we promote and grow the beauty industry as a whole.
- We don’t run courses, we train for industry, and there is a big difference.
Quite simply, we want you to have the best experience possible when training with us. We are proud of our reputation, high training standards and our professional and friendly approach.
|Qualification||SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy||Additional Fees||$120 Uniform, $550 administration fee if a student decides to withdraw between enrolment date and census date|
|Start dates||Term 1: Monday 3 February 2014
Term 2: Monday 21 April 2014
Term 3: Monday 28 July 2014
Term 4: Monday 29 September 2014
|Course duration||Full Time: 12 months study - 3 days per week 9.00am – 5.00pm
Part Time: 18 months study - 2 days per week for 12 months and
1 day a week for 6 months 9.00am – 5.00pm
|Course Cost||$16,836.00 which can be covered 100% by
VET FEE HELP
|Entry Requirements||Students should have completed Year 10 (or equivalent)
and should be at least 15 years old. You must have a sound education
and good level of English is required.
|Finance Options||VET FEE-HELP
Interest free payment options available
Available at Brisbane & Sunshine Coast Academy
- Perform body massage
- Provide body treatments
- Apply the principles of skin biology to beauty treatments
- Advise on beauty services
- Recognise body structures and systems in a beauty therapy context
- Work in a skin therapies framework
- Develop treatment plans
- Use electricity in beauty therapy treatments
- Interpret the chemical composition and physical actions of cosmetic products
- Promote healthy nutritional options in a beauty therapy context
- Provide lash & brow treatments
- Provide facial treatments
- Provide advanced facial treatments
- Perform waxing treatments
- Work in a nail services framework
- Provide manicure and pedicare services
- Conduct financial transactions
- Provide service to clients
- Communicate in the workplace
- Design and apply make-up
- Work effectively in a retail environment
- Apply safe working practices
Elective Group D – Spa Treatments
- Work in a Spa Therapies Framework
- Plan the Spa Program
- Provide the Spa Program
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Provide Stone Therapy Massage
General Elective Units
- Perform aromatherapy massage
- Blend and apply a range of aromatic plant oils for beauty treatments
- Perform female intimate waxing treatment
- Apply cosmetic tanning products
- Investigate new products
- Apply micro-dermabrasion to improve skin appearance
The Diploma in Beauty Therapy provides you with a broad range of career options. You can gain employment in a beauty salon performing a complete range of salon services including facial and body treatments, all hair removal services as well as makeup, manicures and tinting treatments.
Many Diploma graduates go on to manage and own their own salons.
- Counter Manager
- Cosmetic Consultancy
- Skin Care Advisor with a large cosmetic house
- Salon Manager
- Cruise Ship Beauty Spas – See the world!
- Day Spas
- Beauty Training
- Hotel Spas
- Health Retreats
Join one of the most exciting careers today and start learning tomorrow!
Prospective students are encouraged to come and visit the Academy. This gives students the opportunity to see our wonderful facilities first hand, explore career options and receive information on course enrolment and VET FEE Help.
At The Beauty House Academy we love to get to know our students. A pre enrolment interview with our Principal is a great way to discuss your studies, career goals and any learning requirements or concerns you might have.
If you decide to enrol into the Diploma of Beauty Therapy a non-refundable equipment fee of $120 is required to secure your place.
If applying for VET FEE Help an application form will be necessary.
All full fee paying students will commence payments 1 week prior to the start of the course.
We do offer INTEREST FREE payment plans on all certificate courses
- 2 Beauty Academy Uniforms 1 dress and 1 Tunic and pants
- Doughnut for your hair
- Student manuals for all units
- All supplies and equipment
- Student ID card for all full time students
- A product guide book
- Student handbook
Students will receive a nationally recognised qualification SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy.
If the full qualification is not completed then a statement of attainment from the SIB50110 Diploma of Beauty Therapy will be issued for all units of competency that are completed.